Terms and Conditions – EQ Movie Ticket Giveaway Competition
- The Promoter is Carsingha Investments Pty Ltd trading as Entertainment Quarter of building 215/1M, 122 Lang Road, Moore Park, New South Wales, 2021 (telephone: 8117 6700) (the Promoter).
- By entering this promotion you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter may at any time and in its absolute discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- Entering the Competition constitutes acceptance of these conditions.
- The Competition is only open to Eligible Entrants.
- An “Eligible Entrant” is an individual who is:
- Not an employee, officer, servant or contractor of the Promoter or any organisation associated with the Competition or provision of the gift/prize, or their related corporate bodies or associates or any of their agencies involved with the Competition;
- Not a spouse, defacto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by adoption) of such an employee or other person as described in clause 4(a) above;
- Aged 12 years or over.
- Is a resident of Australia
- All relevant instructions on the Promoters’ website (if any) form part of these conditions.
COMPETITION ENTRY PERIOD
- The competition commences at 3pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (“AEST”) on Friday, 15th of March 2019 and closes at 10am AEST on Friday 29th of March 2019 (“Competition Period”).
ENTERING THE COMPETITION
- An Eligible Entrant can only enter the Competition by complying with each of the following requirements of the following entry process (“Entry Process”):
- Visit http://www.eqmoorepark.com.au/competition-time/
- Complete your name and email, and answer in 25 words or less “Which movie describes your life and why”
- All entries automatically subscribe to The Entertainment Quarter enewsletter and must remain subscribed for the duration of the Competition Period. Incomplete or inaccurate entries will be deemed invalid.
- Only one entry per person is permitted. Eligible Entrants may not enter multiple times or under multiple names. Eligible Entrants may not enter on behalf of third parties.
- No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- By submitting an entry to this promotion entrants consent to receive promotional and other marketing messages from the Promoter for the duration of their subscription to Entertainment Quarter’s eNews newsletter. Eligible Entrants are able to opt-out of receiving marketing messages at any time by following the instructions included in each eNews newsletter.
DETERMINATION OF COMPETITION WINNERS AND THEIR PRIZES
- The Promotion is a game of skill, chance plays no part in determining the winner/s (Draw Winners) and each validly submitted entry will be individually judged by the Promoter and representatives of the Promoter on the basis of suitability. Entries will be judged on originality and imagination. The entry must be an independent creation by the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights.
- By entering the competition, entrants are agreeing to the competition Terms and Conditions.
- All Prize selections will be conducted at Building 215/1M, 122 Lang Rd, Moore Park NSW 2021
- The Draw Winners will receive one of 2 x double passes to the Hoyts Luxe Cinema.
- The total prize value will be $168 AUD excluding booking fee.
- Prizes are not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash.
CLAIMING & REDEEMING PRIZE
- Draw Winners will be announced on Facebook on Monday, 1 April 2019.
- Draw Winners will also be contacted by email with instructions on how to claim the prize.
- Prize must be claimed within 7 days of the prize winner being notified otherwise prize will be forfeited.
- In the event that the Draw Winner is unable to be contacted a redraw will be conducted in the same manner, at the same location and from the same pool of Eligible Entrants as the first draw.
- The Redraw Winner will be contacted by email within 2 days of the redraw.
- Details of the redraw and the Redraw Winner will be published on Facebook.
FORFEITURE AND RETURN OF PRIZES
- If an Eligible Entrant breaches their obligations under these Conditions or any agreement with the Promoter, the Promoter may determine that the Eligible Entrant has forfeited their Prize.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for the value of the Prize depreciating between the start of the Competition and receipt of the Prize.
- The Promoter has the right to disqualify any Entrant or Voter that it deems to have cheated or not complied with the Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and votes and reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant or Voter for tampering with the entry process. The use of any automated entry software or any mechanical, electronic or other means that allows an Entrant or Voter to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Entrant invalid.
- If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition.
- The Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss, or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any Eligible Entrant, (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Promotion; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Promotion (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise).
- Each Eligible Entrant grants the Promoter and its associated entities an exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide and transferable license (including the right to sub-license) to use answers and images from entries for promotional and marketing purposes, including online social networking sites.
- It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure they adhere to Australian Copyright law and to obtain prior consent from any person or persons that appears in the content (picture) uploaded or shared as their entry into the competition. Trade Investment Queensland takes no responsibility for any infringement of Australian Copyright laws or of the consent from any person or persons that appears in the content (picture) uploaded or shared by the entrant.
- The answer which the Eligible Entrant submits to the Website must not contain inappropriate language, gratuitous violence, sexual references or statements that promote hatred towards an individual, race, or community.
- All of the Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All Winners have 7 days to claim the Prize. If the Winner does not claim the Prize in 7 days, then a new Winner will be selected. The Promoter reserves the right to forfeit the Prize or select a new Winner in the event of any Eligible Entrant not claiming the Prize.
- By entering the Competition and claiming a Prize, the Winner agrees that the Promoter may use their name and answer for publicity and competition purposes, without compensation, and agrees that the Promoter will own copyright.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the competition. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- If any Prize (or part of any Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a Prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Any cost associated with accessing the competition website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.